1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

This long distance dedication goes out from Sportswriter to ******beat.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

The Tampa Bay Rays apparently won 99 games without any idea on how to play baseball. Remarkable.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Luckily no one was there to notice.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

LOL Rays see you next year.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

When the highlight of two days is Jeff Passan singing "Arozarena" to the tune of "Macarena," you know it's been bleak.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I love how Tim Kurkjian perpetually sounds like he is ready for Wes Littleton to earn a save in a 27-run win.

poindexter likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Now y'all see why I wanted no part of that wild-card round as a Baltimore fan...

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Code:

Gm#                        Date    Tm Opp W/L  R RA Inn  W-L        Win       Loss Attendance
    1      Thursday Mar 30 boxscore   TBR DET   W  4      0  1-0 McClanahan  Rodriguez      25025
    2       Saturday Apr 1 boxscore   TBR DET   W 12      2  2-0      Eflin   Turnbull      20204
    3         Sunday Apr 2 boxscore   TBR DET   W  5      1  3-0    Springs      Wentz      19425
    4         Monday Apr 3 boxscore   TBR WSN   W  6      2  4-0  Rasmussen   Williams      10754
    5        Tuesday Apr 4 boxscore   TBR WSN   W 10      6  5-0   Thompson   Finnegan      15272
    6      Wednesday Apr 5 boxscore   TBR WSN   W  7      2  6-0 McClanahan     Corbin      13836
    7         Friday Apr 7 boxscore   TBR OAK   W  9      5  7-0      Eflin  Waldichuk      15980
    8       Saturday Apr 8 boxscore   TBR OAK   W 11      0  8-0    Springs   Fujinami      15880
    9         Sunday Apr 9 boxscore   TBR OAK   W 11      0  9-0  Rasmussen Kaprielian      11159
    10       Monday Apr 10 boxscore   TBR BOS   W  1      0 10-0      Poche     Martin      13470
    11      Tuesday Apr 11 boxscore   TBR BOS   W  7      2 11-0 McClanahan   Whitlock      12649
    12    Wednesday Apr 12 boxscore   TBR BOS   W  9      7 12-0    Bradley       Sale      17136
    13     Thursday Apr 13 boxscore   TBR BOS   W  9      3 13-0      Kelly     Kluber      21175

maumann likes this.
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you want to laugh for a good bit, just dial up him and SVP on the YouTube.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

They put the 0 in Arozorena.
    15 innings of nothing.
    Back to back RBI in the 6th
    McDonough chirps “ Stunned silence here in Tampa”……my response……”As opposed to……?”

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

One thought I had as the Rays hit double digit wins was that they could wind up with a hot start like 1984’s Detroit Tigers.

But, then I saw the O’s in second only three games back and thought “Hmm. Just maybe a good reason to be optimistic here.”

The nip and tuck race between the Rays and O’s made both teams better in my opinion. So, if the O’s make a good run deep into these playoffs, I’m going to give some credit to the Rays for the great competition throughout the year to the final week.

That said, I’m glad the O’s don’t have to play them.

But these Rangers? Fuck….

We will see this weekend.

maumann likes this.
  12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The thing the Rays lack for sustained postseason success is that one guy who walks up to the plate with a certain level of arrogance, a belief that he can take over a game at any time. The guy who, when things are going bad, says “I got this” and sets it right. Harper, Betts, Acuña, Altuve, those guys have that. The Rays have nobody like that. Arozarena should be that guy but too often isn’t. And while losing Franco sucked, losing McClanahan was worse.

LFG, Orioles. Scoot over and make some room on the bandwagon for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted