1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I don't ding him or the Dodgers for winning in 2020, but...at some point, they need to win in a full season. It's not necessarily fair, but dem's the breaks.

Spartan Squad and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I laugh and relish in his failures because of the rivalry and what a foil he’s been in the regular season. I can’t root for him because he’s a Dodger but damn I respect him.

I almost wish the Dodgers failed him in the post season. Like he was really good but weird stuff happened so he’d never win. I suppose that was 2017, but he really deserves to be remembered for more than getting to the door but not crossing the threshold in a full season.

That said, BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

qtlaw likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

A Don Newcombe for our generation.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Don't know if there's any context here, but this looks completely stupid even when you're not down 9-0.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

One time a few years back I saw Kershaw pitch in S.F. and he’s chugging along and after 6 inn of shutout ball I look up and damn he’s thrown 60 pitches and ………….5 balls!!! He’s great …..in reg season.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Except it is a team thing. They do it every time they double. It mocks Freddie Freeman dancing to Usher at the team’s gala,
    Not a good look down 9-0, but it’s not out of the blue or selfish.

Hermes likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Roberts is gone if the Snakes advance.

You can’t start Kershaw.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Ascribing “right from wrong” judgments to dances at second base. Awesome.

Azrael likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

To adapt a football saying for baseball, act like you've been on second base before.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The guy went 13-5 with 2.46 ERA, plus there was no other real choice. You don’t ignore a 1st ballot HOF’er.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

With his playoff history, yes you do. Break the fucking cycle, Roberts.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is so simple. If a manager starts his Hall of Fame pitcher in a playoff opener and said pitcher gets lit up, it's the pitcher's fault. If he starts somebody else and the team loses, even if it's 1-0, it's the manager's fault.. or so it will be perceived by well, everybody on earth except Songbird.

I Should Coco and Hermes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted