1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Fans of the Dodgers and Giants have officially turned into Yankee fans. Congratulations.

Gutter likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Taffy doesn't stretch that far.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't fault Roberts for starting him. I do fault him if Kershaw starts again in this series.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“The pitcher who gave up six runs shouldn’t have started the game” the morning after belongs on WFAN.

dixiehack and Gutter like this.
  5. Songbird

Taffy be stretchin' far this morning.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The Unwritten Rules!

Dignity. Always, dignity.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

"Fuck you I finally got here, I'm gonna dance and let everyone know about it."--Me after I finally got a girlfriend in 12th grade

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Roberts ain't going anywhere because he doesn't do a fucking thing. If super genius Friedman and his cadre of super genius assistants want him to start Kershaw in G5, he'll start Kershaw in G5. And when that doesn't work, he ain't going anywhere b/c he bears the criticism for their super genius gone awry.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The loss drops Kershaw to 13-13 4.49 in the post-season. The Greg Maddux of his era.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The celebrations at second are automatic now. The guys aren’t even thinking about it anymore. They just naturally make the motion after reaching.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

The best was Castellanos showing his ring finger to the Phillies bench during the wild card series, except, of course, it looks like his middle finger at first glance.

Hermes likes this.
  12. Songbird

My piss isn't at Kershaw because he gave up 6 ER in 0.1 ... it's that his career playoff ERA is 5 and maybe the time has come to do something different as an organization knowing he struggles in the playoffs, especially Game 1.

He's had 2 pretty good Game 1's over 14 years. Others ...

4.2, 5 ER
    6.2, 8 ER
    5.0, 3 ER
    6.1, 4 ER
    5.0, 2 ER
    3.0, 4 ER
    4.0, 5 ER

But hey, he went 2-1 with a 3.18 ERA against Arizona this season (6 ER in 17 IP) so there was no indication that he couldn't pitch to those numbers in Game 1 '23.

Draft saved Draft deleted