1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

We’re here to supply all the context of SconnieSJ.com.

Edwards replaced an injured Gorman Thomas to make that catch in the 8th inning of the decisive Game 5.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

First outfielder-assisted double play to end a playoff game, which is amazing.
    Wouldn't you think somebody would be thrown out at the plate while trying to score the tying run? That particular thing still hasn't happened.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Why do many of us let baseball rip our heart out every year?
    As a Dodgers fan, I didn’t expect a title but I didn’t expect to be embarrassed by a team they’ve dominated for the second year in a row

TigerVols likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sorry but no tears for LA from up North.

That Carroll guy is pretty studly and again young homegrown talent up and down the roster. Ah what’s up Zaidi?

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

My high school baseball team worked on cutoffs and relays so much, that's the first thing I noticed about that play. The throw in missed BOTH cutoff men -- the second baseman and the shortstop -- but the third baseman was backing up and made a terrific play.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Doyers are awesome.

7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

This wide shot makes it even more amazing. Harper had already retouched second and was on his way back to first before Riley even entered the frame.

https://fb.watch/nB2cB51SiL/?mibextid=Nif5oz

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For a nanosecord or two, this Phillies fan thought there was a chance the throw would go through the infield and maybe even into the dugout.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Braves illegally stationed on the wrong side of second.

Harper not really chugging at full speed until he gets back around second.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Dammit I had time to watch one game last night and picked LA—AZ instead!!! That ATL-PHI was playoff baseball at its best, what an amazing ending.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I know they took one of two on the road, but if I'm a Phillies fan, it shakes me that they lost Wheeler's start. Especially the way he dominated early. And especially because you don't really know what you're getting from Nola one start to the next this year.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Isn't there a bit of that with him every year?

Draft saved Draft deleted