1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That video of Tuberville is from 2014. Fittingly, he busted his ass en route to the Military Bowl - where he lost to Virginia.

Neutral Corner and dixiehack like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And his lord and savior is so cavalier with classified documents.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Comic fucking Sans

4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Thoughts and stairs.

matt_garth, maumann, Webster and 8 others like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Rep. Nancy Mace tells@jaketapper she will vote for Jordan on the floor "I personally cannot, in good conscious, vote for someone who attended a white supremacist conference and compared himself to David Duke," Mace told Jake Tapper. "I would be doing an enormous disservice to the voters I represent in South Carolina if I were to do that."

But I guess letting college athletes being sexually assaulted is hunky-dory?

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

David Duke vs the pedo enabler. Boy, the GOP knows how to pick them.

7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Magnificent.

Neutral Corner and TowelWaver like this.
  8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

None of that makes any sense. As a prosecutor, why jam up your officers with an "exclusion list" unless you're ready to issue a Giglio letter effectively banning them permanently from testifying? Having been involved in decisions to issue a Giglio letter against detectives, I don't understand the half-step she took here that completely hamstrung her.

On the other hand, if you view him as a viable and necessary witness, he's still employed as a police officer and your police chief won't intervene, then you subpoena his ass and if he still doesn't show, you issue a material witness warrant and hold him in custody till trial on principality. One way or another, make him sit on the stand and refuse to testify under oath. Yeah, you lose, but you've already lost and it shifts the responsibility to him/the PD.

None of it makes sense.

maumann likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

House Republicans didn't vote the way Donald Trump wanted. Why should you?

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I hope at least four of the Biden Republicans in the House can take the blue pill and sidle across. The GOP is a shitshow. I know that is breaking news.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sure of it. I'm also quite sure I'm not the only person, even on this board, who's been looking up information regarding the geography and history, and whatever interests them, about Israel and the complex Middle East region over the past week.

Draft saved Draft deleted