1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I fucking SUCKED at taking real pictures with film. Didn't matter if it was a disposable camera, a little point-and-shoot in which you ejected the roll once it was complete or an actual camera with actual film that had to actually be developed. I was fucking terrible at all of it. So it sort of bothers me that the iPhone has made it so that anyone (including me!) can appear to be a competent photographer and obscured the very specific skills possessed by the truly good photographers. It's different than writing b/c while anyone can post anything now, the lack of editors means there's no cleaning up how much most of it sucks. But as I've learned, any idiot can just snap a thousand pictures at a concert and a good 50 will turn out fine.

Batman likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

But if you ask a reader to send you a photo from some event you can't get to, they'll still send you the 450 that suck.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

With little to no cutline info.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And, purely by coincidence I'm sure, every photo has their spawn in it.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

In no way am I suggesting this is your typical Atlanta fan. But this guy can rot.

6. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Has Harper stopped watching his first home run last night yet? Man, I hope someone shatters his helmet tonight. They won't, of course, but I still hope.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's rare to root for the team that just eliminated yours, but there's no way I can root for the Astros and the Rangers are kind of a cool story, especially in how they became AL East champions in the postseason. So go Texas?

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's a clown comment, bro.

Fred siegle and Junkie like this.
  9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

In his defense, the dodgers refused to give even one inning of compelling baseball.

10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

It is. Absolutely. But I stand buy it. Total douche who I hope enjoys the fastball that knocks his teeth out.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If you can get over the fact that the club likes Creed ....

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Still the lesser of two evils going against the Astros. (That does narrow the gap though)

I Should Coco and Cosmo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted