1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Please don't mistake my rhetorical expression of disdain for an invitation to debate. I gave up on you a long time ago.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

There are no atoms being split here. I've seen what passes for 'debate' these days. Usually ends with two shirtless fat dudes wrestling on a Five Guys peanut-encrusted floor.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I made the mistake of engaging with a couple of MAGA knuckleheads yesterday. Somehow a discussion of the war in Israel turned into them claiming that China intentionally unleashed COVID on the world to punish the US for the tariffs levied by Trump and how it is crazy that I don't acknowledge the mountains of evidence that the 2020 election was stolen. lol

4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I've had dudes try to start with me in cabs. I must look like a guy who enjoys 'debates'. Move the fuck on, I'm not going at that jerkbait.

These individuals are looking for people who agree with them and are quite chagrined when you happen not to agree with them. So screw 'debating' them.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get that. These were two acquaintances who are perfectly reasonable guys as long as you don't discuss politics with them. The funny part is that the one who argues most strenuously that the election was stolen volunteers at one of the local polling locations.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The pictures of the dead babies have been released.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

No thank you. Nope. Nope.

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And do not post, please. We thank you.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Seconded. Second Second. Times eleventy!

MileHigh likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted