1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And the more teams they allow in the playoffs this will happen more and more. Baseballs a marathon that rewards teams over a long period of time. More teams, short series it’s more of a crapshoot than ever.

Spartan Squad and ChrisLong like this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's not as bad as prematurely opening the back of the camera and exposing the film. I was afraid you were gonna say that had happened.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I couldn't bring myself to click the "Like" option on here, but I do not object to this line of reasoning.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This is a good song and there are a few baseball visuals.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Not like this, tho:

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do think its hilarious that Harper requires motivation to have a good game and "stare down" the offending party in the playoffs. Mostly though, I'm glad we're not hearing any more talk about "the right way" to play the game, or "respecting" the game. I like the saltiness, whether its via team social media accounts, bat flips or whatever - it is what baseball has been missing. All this postseason has lacked is a dugout clearing, bullpen clearing brawl with actual punches being thrown.

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Point:

Counterpoint:

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Rooting for the asteroid.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This is too interesting a series for me to be all outraged over this media concoction.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It's the two most successful Giants managers in this century matching wits in Texas. What's not to like, unless you work along the shores of McCovey Cove.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Wait, this Rizzo person is big mad about accurate reporting from an open locker room? Kindly fuck off.

This stuff and the obnoxious, red-assed and tissue-soft Atlanta fanbase is making me root for a Philly team. And I hate rooting for a Philly team.

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted