1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Does it even have to be eight? I thought Dems were already at 214.

If I were Biden I’d be offering some of the more vulnerable Rs a confirmation-not-needed position as an assistant secretary at X agency. Find a way to “burrow” them into the fed system after Biden leaves office so they don’t get whacked if Trump wins next year. These guys are looking for life rafts NOW. Go the Jack McCoy route and let ‘em know these offers aren’t around for long. And they must resign immediately or the deal is off the table. That way you can cut the R caucus to under whatever Ds currently have in the House.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Not maybe. Always.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I wasn’t optimistic that every Dem would toe the line.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Due to various vacancies, there are currently only 212 House Democrats and 433 total members. This is why the number to be elected Speaker is 217, not 218.

Starman likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You know where this is all headed, of course.

They'll fuck around a couple weeks without making a choice, and then, despite disclaiming any interest a week or so ago, Fatfuck will bravely accept a Draft the God Emperor campaign and allow himself to be put in a position to be two bullets from the White House.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There is a lot of new infrastructure money in the part of Stefanik's district that is just a few miles away.

I've made several runs to Albany X the last few weeks and it's a joy to drive on those newly paved roads.

She brings home the bacon.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I believe the fact that he is under felony indictment disqualifies him.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

According to rules of the "republic party," which exists for the exclusive purpose of slurping the toadstool.

If Fatfuck announced he wanted to take a shit on the carpet on the floor of the House of Representatives, it would take the GOP exactly three seconds to waive whatever rule prohibits it.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Can I say that Vivek has a point? Hannity loves to shit on the mainstream media, but is all too happy to use that same media when it suits his agenda.

garrow likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But they're all like that - the mainstream media sucks except when it's backing up their points - "EVEN the NY Times says so!.... - or when their books make the bestseller list. Then they are the gold standard of integrity.

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

What happens with a Dem speaker and a republican majority? Even less gets done?

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How would it be possible to do less than nothing?

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted