1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

155's and .50 cals.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Corrected version: Abrams, supported by AH-64s, 155s, and .50 cals.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Move a million people in 24 hours? Throw in Gaza's lack of infrastructure and local government (and Hamas) telling them to stay put. Poor bastards caught in the middle are going to suffer, as usual.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Of course, that is what is going to happen. Giving any warning gives Hamas a chance to run and/or hide. I'm just not sure there is a right way to handle this, but clearly, Israel is going in. They aren't going to back off after what Hamas just did, so the only other realistic option is turning the entire area into a parking lot.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Israel Is Walking Into a Trap

It’s a trap. Hamas’s ruthless and spectacular attack on southern Israel last Saturday was many things: an atrocity, a display of militant ingenuity, and a demonstration of the weakness of Israeli intelligence and defenses. Israel and the Palestinians have a long history of brutality against each other, but the Hamas killing spree outdoes anything since Israeli-controlled Christian militias massacred unarmed Palestinian refugees in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps outside of Beirut in 1982. It may even have been the single most brutal act by either side in the 100-year-old conflict. But above all, it was intended as a trap—one that Israel appears about to fall into.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

No Warthogs?

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I think they are going to have to bury it in 100* feet deep of concrete to prevent future tunnels too.

* = guesstimate

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The Progressives Who Flunked the Hamas Test

X-Hack likes this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is true, but I don't see how they can back off. Netanyahu certainly can't, and I think he is selfish enough to do what is right for him even if it might not be what is best for Israel in the long run.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Azrael likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They have no other option, nor do I think they care at this point.
    Politicians often try to sell their foreign policy decisions on fear. Group X is coming to your country, your town, your neighborhood, to hunt you down and kill you. Well, Hamas just made that often ludicrous idea into a gruesome reality for every Israeli. So what else can the Israelis do? It's now a literal fight for survival. They can deal with the fallout if and when they survive the fight.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted