1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

And now we, and every other non Islamic nation on the planet, will have to deal with the consequences.

Batman likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

we probably all have friends like this.

which is why I got nervous when one of the sweeter friends I have began a sentence the other day with "Well, yeah, I heard Robert F. Kennedy say . . ."

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If I was doing an O/U on the start of the land invasion, l would set it at 11:30 pm Eastern tonight — right about the time a week ago that Hamas started its attack. Symbolism is going to be big in this war.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hamas-rare-english-press-conference-193426618.html

I'm amazed this asshole managed to spout these particular lies with a straight face. I'm actually surprised Hamas has a head of international relations, but to see him actually claim they were trying to avoid civilian casualties is a special level of bullshit. Maybe they think we will buy anything after years of Donald Trump.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"Going to be?"

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

On the Sabbath?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Won’t happen. Sabbath.

But at 6:30 a.m. local time tomorrow? Maybe.

Azrael, HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

For those who might care, I have an update from my daughter. Her boyfriend made it back to Tel Aviv. I'm not sure exactly when he is expected to report for duty. The last she spoke to him, sirens were going off and he was headed into a bunker with his family. That was about four hours ago. We keep trying to tell her there's a very good chance he has no signal to be able to contact her, but that's not much comfort for her. Poor kid can't focus on much else and I sure as hell can't blame her.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Man, that's gotta suck for you, too. Sorry.

Azrael and outofplace like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Stay strong for her OOP. The board has your back.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

We live in a historically Jewish part of New York.

The increased police presence here since last weekend has been extraordinary.

Lots of schools closed. But every shul and synagogue, every mikvah and reading room has a brace of cops out front, and there are mounted police patrolling the streets.

And @2muchcoffeeman is right.

Nothing will likely happen on Shabbos, which ends at 6:47 pm Saturday, Tel Aviv time.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted