1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts and Prayers: The Religion Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Slacker, Oct 15, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your example was a relative handful of people acting as individuals, not as representatives of the party. Republicans, even the ones who don't like Donald Trump, vote for him despite being arguably the most prolific liar to ever hold that office. It's a hell of a claim, but not an unfair one. That is one of the many reasons your example was a weak attempt to defend your side. If that's the best you can do, you lost the argument before it started, which is really funny. Weren't you arguing against the entire idea of one party being more Christian than the other? If you believe that, why argue the point?

To be clear, I never said the review bombing wasn't a big deal. My implication, which I apparently have to spell out for you, is that it doesn't come close to countering the many ways the Republican Party seems to fail to adhere to Christian ideals. Also, as I already wrote in this post, it is a relative handful of people who weren't acting as official representatives of the party.

By all means, run back to the other place and intentionally misrepresent what I wrote. You may have done it already. If you had confidence in your own convictions and arguments, you wouldn't need to do such things.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    tapintoamerica likes this.
  2. outofplace

Funny how you keep mocking the argument, then jump into it with such weak material.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

All together now! Remember folks, the choir's off on a mission trip!

4. doctorquant

If oop be for us, who can be against us?

5. outofplace

All that anger and that's the best you can do? I'm disappointed.

6. doctorquant

Life's full of disappointments, isn't it?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Been going down rabbit holes of Jerry Lewis interviews.

Edit: this interview could go in a few different threads ... it is really intense.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
  8. outofplace

If you say so. That might explain a lot.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe he should have called Philemon Rizzuto and the Money Store.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Rally was in Cullman, about 30 miles north.

But yes, starting about 10 miles north of downtown Birmingham and extending up to the Tennessee River is the whitest, most concentrated MAGA portion of the state. Entire counties made up of the Ewells from To Kill A Mockingbird. Back when Judgemental Maps was a hot thing, they nailed the description of this area (which pretty much maps out to the 4th Congressional District) as “The Crystal Meth and Poultry Belt.”

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Was at a para-church get together last night and a friend of mine who goes to church with me but grew up Episcopalian wanted me to confirm something she’d heard elsewhere … that other churches had such a thing as Judgement Houses. She thought maybe somebody was pulling her leg, the dear sweet summer child.

Draft saved Draft deleted