1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't know. Someone I know who used to work at Walmart said they called self-checkout the "Buy one, get one free" line because of how easy it was for people to take things without paying.

2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

As a lifelong Nutmegger, I agree with all of this.

CD Boogie and garrow like this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've spent time in both Connecticut and Rhode Island. I enjoyed both, but I wouldn't want to live in either place. In my situation, going from one end of the state to the other and back takes as many days as it does hours in those places.
    Now that I'm done with all that, other than maybe a visit, I'll keep myself happily down south where the weather is warm, the BBQ is good, and I can spread out.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Even our Aldi, the place notorious for fast-scanning check-out employees. is largely self-checkout now.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

If the Dems ran the House the GOP way
    All the pundits would say
    It was the end of the USA

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s the beauty of selling incompetence as a feature instead of a bug.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My nephew lives right on the sound in Stonington and loves it, moved there from Colchester. He works for General Dynamics in Groton or New London so he's about 15 minutes away. I loved Connecticut the several times I've driven through, just couldn't handle the winters or taxes or just living on the Rast Coast again in general. But man, it's beautiful.

So is Putnam County NY, where my younger brother lives. The Empire State is second to none in beauty once you get out of the city.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
    CD Boogie likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Denying that New England winters suck would be ridiculous, but I'd rather live with bad winters than the 90 degree-90 percent humidity days, weeks and months that seeming to be increasingly common in southern summers.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Two years ago when we couldnt take our planned honeymoon to the Greek Isles, we settled for the most nearby equivalent of a European city: Montreal.

It was late September and the drive up the New York Thruway through Saratoga and Lake Placid was really breathtaking.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Born and raised in CT (New Haven County). Left for college and moved back for several years as a grown person (Hartford County). I miss what Toad's Place used to be and being able to stumble into top-tier pizza almost anywhere but that's about it.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Connecticut is the Northeast's version of Michigan: Lots of sprawl, lots of big concrete roads, and when you're in the boonies you're out there.

The coast is awesome, but the state as a whole just doesn't appeal to me. I lived there for a year and it felt like five.

Proud to be a Masshole.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And this is why the georgraphy- and math-ignorant MAGAs yell "but, but but, we won more counties."

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted