1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When you think about it, this situation was always inevitable. Elected Republicans have become increasingly resistant to the idea of giving up "individual freedom" for the benefit, or good, for the "collective." Whether we are talking about vaccines, guns or whatever. And now, in the House Caucus, they want to hold on to their "individual power" to the point that it impairs the strength of the collective House GOP caucus - which in turn impairs their individual strength.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Ballad of Shower Boy

Driftwood likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

He's so right about this, and I mourn the loss.

"And I think the reason for that is that our media has moved from a setting where there were editors and fact-checkers and where if you’re a crackpot with a crazy theory of some kind, you’re probably not going to get it published in any kind of a way that’s going to get picked up by the public at large.

Because, you know, 20 years ago, people read newspapers and magazines and looked at the evening news. Those things were all carefully vetted in most respects by editors, fact-checkers, and so forth. That’s gone. You guys are getting your news, certainly as I do now, by going on my device that’s curated for me and I’m seeing stories. Many cases I agree with, some I don’t agree with. But oftentimes what I’m seeing on social media, there are no fact-checkers and no editors."

7. Neutral Corner

Netanyahu's policies are a root cause of this explosion. Not that Hamas has ever been anything but ready to kill the entire Israeli state, but he has made things worse, much worse, repeatedly.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Why?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bain Capital

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Where is the corrections/"Setting it Straight" section located on X?

Also discouraging is that politicians, businesses, and every P.R. person who used to work in media understands that what legacy organizations remain are so short of reporters that they'll take press releases and put them in print, online and on the air without much, if any, vetting. There's much more beast to be fed, and many fewer workers to feed it, and the spin doctors and flaks are taking advantage of that.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

"Precious, precious, precious!’ Jordan cried. "My Precious! O my Precious!" And with that, even as his eyes were lifted up to gloat on his prize, he stepped too far, toppled, wavered for a moment on the brink, and then with a shriek he fell. Out of the depths came his last wail precious, and he was gone.

Draft saved Draft deleted