1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

At what point does someone in the GOP tell Jordan to tap out?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Tell him to hit the showers instead.

3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

It's been mentioned here before that when Trump is out of the public eye, his numbers perform better, and I think that's true.

It's what I hold onto for now regarding polls as well (well, that, and I haven't been contacted for a poll of any kind for four years, and I'm registered as an independent, so WHO IS answering these poll requests?). I feel like mainstream and even the CNNs and MSNBCs of the world have gone too far in never showing Trump appearances. By now they should all be able to do some sort of bottom line thing with regard to fact-checking, so utilize chryons for that, but show him. Hell, interview him and make sure to challenge him. Independents and any possible moderates need to constantly be reminded how fucking bat shit his appearances are and how bad he is for the country. But by NOT showing his rallies, the smattering of voters who really matter in MI, AZ, NV, WI, PA and GA are not being reminded again and again how nuts and dumb he is. I get reminded by catching clips on Colbert again now that the strike is over, but that's not enough. All of the morning shows need to again show how much of a ranting lunatic he still is and that he hasn't changed his mind on anything since 2020. Court coverage won't be enough, and Twitter sure ain't, either.

He's going to be the nominee. Show him, and don't two-sides it. You did that already. Report it. But don't ignore him. That will work the other way, and it's dereliction of responsibility by the media.

Perhaps when he's actually the nominee, they'll have to start showing him again, and perhaps good common sense will ultimately reign. But the general populace needs to be reminded that he's fucking crazy. It's going to be a close election no matter what. It's who we are now.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  4. UNCGrad

Would he listen?

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He's already not listening to the people who actually vote. No votes up to 25 this time.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

At the first challenge Trump interrupts, talks over the questioner, and the questioner eventually buckles and goes on to another question. Once that format is set, the interview is pointless.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. UNCGrad

Then stop fucking buckling.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Any predictions how this would play out?

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Ken Chesebro has taken a deal.

Hide the ketchup.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Howbow dah?

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted