1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Thomson really doesn't have anybody he would rather send up there right now than Johan Rojas. That's not great.

Oh, my. Kimbrel's in the pen. Phillies social media will be blowing up in seconds.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There used to be this guy in the late-70s/1980s who would disguise himself and get on the field pretending to belong there. This guy would dress as a football referee for pregame coin tosses, an umpire for the lineup card exchange and a few other disguises.

In the ‘79 All-Star Game; the guy got a baseball uniform, hung out during batting practice and tried to pose with one of the teams for the team picture.

At one point, the guy told Indians reliever Sid Monge, “don’t worry, I’m an imposter.”

Monge replied, “That’s OK. So am I.”

3. jr/shotglass

Philly isn't getting a thing off Sewald in the ninth. Ranger Suarez vs. Brandon Pfaadt tomorrow.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Advantage DBacks??

5. jr/shotglass

Phils' hitting in the last two doesn't exactly raise confidence. Suarez has been nails in the postseason. Pfaadt was too in Game 3, but that was the first time he'd done that.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The history of the Phillies in postseason is not one of the library's longer books. I oughta know, I've been around for just about all of it.

7. Michael_ Gee

This series actually reminds me of last season's Celtics. Threes don't go down, Celts lose big. Ball don't go boom, Phils don't win.

8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Pfaadt Tuesday?

9. Michael_ Gee

Phillies founded in 1883. Until 1980, their postseason record was 3-17. Until 1977, it was 1-11.

maumann likes this.
  10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Take a whiz, kid.

Baron Scicluna, HanSenSE and Batman like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

He was looking at tomorrow for several innings before that. Thomson's made it clear he's leaving Rojas in sink or swim.If I had Castellanos in right, I'd probably feel the same way.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Imagine signing a guy 10 months ago, giving him 18 million for the next four seasons, having him make 31 starts and then you have an NLCS go seven games and it's like he doesn't even exist

Draft saved Draft deleted