1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Great. When they launch a series of terrorist attacks that focus almost entirely on slaughtering and kidnapping civilians, let us know.

2. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

Mao Zedong said, "A guerrilla must move among the people as a fish swims in the sea."

As long as I'm in a quoting mood, Peter Ustinov said, "Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich."

No value judgments here, just the way things are.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Right, but what's the least worst option? It's easy for us from the comfort of our living rooms to throw our hands up and say "well, no good options - just leave it as is." Israel really tried that. Instead of a major war, they tried to play whack-a-mole with the tunnels periodically bombing and setting Hamas back a couple of years. That strategy led them here. They have a duty to protect their citizens that they already failed once. They must change the status quo. Every citizen in the country was personally affected by these attacks.

4. Mr._Graybeard

The option is ethnic cleansing. Like in Area C of the West Bank. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_...out 61,or heavily restricted for Palestinians.

5. Guy_Incognito

6. Mr._Graybeard

Did I say I had answers? If I were Bibi Netanyahu, I'd try to starve Gaza into submission. It'll be like Biafra, but we have a superpower bestowing unconditional love. Some people might hate us, but then we as Jews have been hated for milennia. Speaking as Bibi.

7. Guy_Incognito

Now try it as you.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Just hang tough a little longer. Coolcoolcool?
    Azrael will send you the love of the household.

9. Slacker

Oh, more bullshit from you. Really? Your beloved Russia seizes men
    from their homes and families, then forces them to go off and fight and die.

outofplace likes this.
  10. Mr._Graybeard

I'm about 30 years too late. I think there would have been a chance in the 90s, but now, I don't have a lot of hope. I would have subsidized gifted Palestinian kids to study abroad, out of the hot zone. Given them a chance at becoming leaders and bringing back skills to a land of despair, with an open purse. It would have required a great judge of character to run the program. Keep in mind that in a lot of Mideast cultiures, party loyalty was required to live a decent life -- "to get along, you have to go along." It would have required a great individual to get it done.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They didn't just publish a one-graf correction blurb on A2? Might as well have for the damage it did.

12. Slacker

Draft saved Draft deleted