1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Liked Morning Show episode (Stanford Student) with all of the Wire-like power structures.

Mimi Leder directed it which was another reason the scenes popped with intensity.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sounds like another episode - "Commerce vs. Morality" - it is something that has vexed the US in its dealings with China forever. Corporations figure the theft of intellectual property is price of doing business there. They knock off the products they make for the rest of the world for domestic production - it still makes economic sense for companies. The use of child and prison labor? Same. Human rights abuses? Same. Threat to Taiwan? Same. Taking a moral stand doesn't play well on Wall Street. And lets be clear, Jon Stewart is financially set, so it really doesn't cost him anything. See also the maxim - "Ethics are for people who can afford to have them."

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My wife bought a new phone and we have free Apple+ until Jan. 1. So I started watching this show, based on recommendations here. Season I is outstanding so far, if you can suspend belief that the Bradley Jackson character would get one of the most coveted jobs in all of TV that easily. Carill makes a great villain.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

^^ season 2 was not good.

TigerVols likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

^^ and season 3 is even worse

playthrough and TigerVols like this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well that is not good to hear. Watched episode 1 of season 2 last night. Charmaine Bucco as the tarot card reader.

7. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Watched first 4 episodes of Bosch Legacy, season 2.

I’ll keep watching because my viewing plate is pretty empty but the show is getting a little overcooked to the point of preposterous.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Started watching Lessons in Chemistry on Apple+.

Oh man. Beautiful show. Ep. 3 made me cry. Brie Larson is, of course, outstanding.

Also, @micropolitan guy, if it isn't obvious, watch Ted Lasso immediately. As well as Shrinking, Silo and Leverage are also both very good on Apple+. Honestly, my bf and I have yet to find a show on A+ that we haven't said is really good, great quality.

garrow likes this.
  9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Agree. I never quite figured out who the two guys were who arrested Honey -- bad cops, Russians, simple hoods?? I guess we'll find out later.
    One follows Bosch home just trying to figure out who he is. If they were cops, they would know who he is. Then they arrested Honey with guns and handcuffs, and hand her over to patrol officers who, without questioning anything, just take her in and book her.

Tighthead likes this.
  10. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

They are apparently bad cops.

I’m no expert in California law, but Honey refusing the sobriety test also seemed dumb to me. In most jurisdictions refusing to blow is the same as a DUI, and it’s much harder to defend. Not many lawyers will ever advise someone to refuse the test.

I completely forget the Russian oil plot but I’m too busy and lazy to go back and catch up.

I thought the plot with Maddie in the first two episodes was over the top. It also seemed to resolve with no complications and felt rushed.

ChrisLong likes this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

3 episodes into the new season of Lupin. It is wildly entertaining and beyond improbable.

garrow likes this.
  12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Also worth a watch is Still, the Michael J. Fox documentary.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted