1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't know if I am willing to cringe through tonight, either. Time to catch up on Upload and Transplant.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He didn't lose $75 million. He won $75 million last year.

He put about $8 mil on the Astros to win this year.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting they dropped the first two episodes of Season 3 of Upload. I'll probably be watching at least one tonight instead of the game.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Based on how things are going, you only have to follow the first three innings.

If ball hasn't gone boom by then, it's not going to. :(

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Told ya' Ball would stop Going Boom. Same shit as last year. The minute home run derby ends they have no clue how to manufacture runs. They blew it in game four as far as I'm concerned. Well, my good friend Craig Kimbrel did.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Man I love those compilations!!

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

They blew it last night when Kelly walked two in 1st and Bohm and Stott did zip.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Bohm has been absolutely worthless as a cleanup hitter outside of a couple of spots. As appreciative as I am of Thomson making baseball relevant again in Philadelphia, this is shadows of Jim Leyland with the 90-92 Pirates where Bonds, Bonilla and Van Slyke struggled and it occurred to no one to shuffle the lineup around.

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

It's a Dave Dombrowski-created playoff team. Some of us are very familiar with the disappointment that goes along with it, especially if Jim Leyland is managing.

UPChip likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how the lineup is going to be improved right now. A lot of people say Realmuto for No. 4, but he's not a cleanup hitter. Castellanos could be if he could hit anything at the moment. And they're not like the O's, who could trot out a platoon player in the cleanup hole (see: Ryan O'Hearn) and get results in kind. Jake Cave sure ain't that.

This isn't the popular thought anymore, but ... well ... their best cleanup option is leading off. That would get Harper protected in the order.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The obvious next cleanup hitter would be Castellanos, but he hasn't exactly torn it up the last few games either.

12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The 2006 Tigers hit .199 against the Cardinals. The 2012 Tigers hit .159 against the Giants. Dave Dombrowski's big boom offenses go cold at the most inopportune times.

UPChip likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted