1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Neither does anyone else though. It's 2023, everyone's given up on manufacturing runs. The Royals ranked last and 24th in the majors in homers when they made consecutive World Series in 2014-15 & everybody pretended it didn't happen. Arizona's only got five homers this series. If Shotty's guy Pham & Gurriel didn't run into those yesterday, who knows what happens. Between their firepower & Suarez mostly limiting the long ball (he's allowed a homer at the Bank every 10 innings or so over his career). I think Philly gets it done tonight in fairly routine fashion.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They have been a real unsuccessful franchise the last few years.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm glad you mentioned him. I think my worst moments in this series have been Tommy Pham's best.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Even if the Phillies lose tonight, a pennant and a 7-game NLCS loss don’t exactly scream faulty roster construction.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Giants expected to named Melvin as manager tomorrow.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

... and then Nevin to the Padres as the managerial carousel spins.

The last stories about the Angels a week or so ago mentioned Showalter and Erstad.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The Padres should have reached out to Showalter yesterday

tapintoamerica likes this.
  8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

It'll be interesting to see what happens there. I read Ryan Flaherty, a classic Buck guy from Baltimore, is an internal favorite. But Buck is the only manager Machado's ever seemed to respect and that team desperately needs a veteran hand to help get its shit together. Of course, Preller would never be able to handle working with Buck and vice versa. Maybe they'll hook up in a marriage of desperation, hoping the first-year Buck magic gets them to the NLCS or beyond.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Whatever anyone thinks of Buck, he does "clean up [the team] good", at the start at least right? SD needs that for sure. Of course I just saw that 30 for 30 on the mid 80's Mets and Davey Johnson did the job there and he was definitely the anti-Buck.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

"Hope you enjoyed that no-hitter."
    - The Tigers

This is Dmitri Young erasure!

Fun fact. The child in this play is 24 and probably will make his debut in the Show next year for the Nats.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Joe Jimenez has entered the chat BITCHES!!!!!

maumann and UPChip like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Phils just can't touch this kid. I think it's the crowd-pleasing Diamondbacks-Rangers Series.

Draft saved Draft deleted