1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think that’s an Astros fan thing to refer to the Rangers as Dallas. They don’t like them claiming the whole state.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Surely there's a prominent Texas Republican who looks at Ted Cruz and thinks to him/herself, "Why should this schmuck get to be a senator?"

OscarMadison, Inky_Wretch and garrow like this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

While I continue to be tired, and far, far, far beyond "this is the end of trump" proclamations (it's never the end) ... I will say the Mark Meadows news is probably a pretty big deal.

We've sort of figured he was cooperating since he went silent so long ago. But if the reporting is accurate, it's a pretty big get in the case against the filthy animal trump.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
    Slacker and garrow like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hmmmm ... wonder what they think of the "Houston Texans"? Besides, of course, "They suck!"

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I too would agree that I won't believe the end until, well, the end, but if the reporting is true on top of all these minnows lining up and taking plea deals to cover their bacon, plus Cohen was on the stand today with Trump in the courtroom, perhaps the ketchup-splattered walls are finally closing in.

wicked likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Works for me. He'll like Georgia prison.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Meadows plus the three Trump attorneys in Georgia? Donald J. has trouble, and that starts with T which rhymes with P which stands for prison.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

House Republicans should just call his bluff and nominate Trump as Speaker. Let the chips fall where they may...

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

He won't be able to work on the chain gang because of bone spurs.

OscarMadison, dixiehack and HanSenSE like this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Shhhhh. The walls have ears.

Draft saved Draft deleted