1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I don't think there's anything "newly uncovered" here. This guy's heinous social media posts have been floating around for years. It's absolutely stunning that the NC GOP has thrown their lot in with him. But on the other hand, it's not surprising at all in this era of Trump.

I have said for years now that I blame the effective death of the Greensboro News & Record, and to a lesser extent the Winston-Salem Journal, on his rise to power. He's from Greensboro and he rose to prominence after a rambling gun rights tirade of his at a city council meeting during public comments went viral.

So much of his personal story is complete horseshit, but he didn't get the kind of thorough vetting that newspapers used to give hometown candidates. It wasn't until after the GOP primary for Lt. Gov. that some of the big holes in his life story and some of his more incindiary social media posts became known outside of Greensboro, but by then the GOP had their black friend running for statewide office, so they went with it.

He very well could become the next governor of North Carolina. He's a raging antisemite and the presumptive Dem candidate is a Jew, who unlike Robinson is highly qualified.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Gosh, not sure what's been worse for this country -- new deserts, or gross negligent malpractice by NYT, WaPo and other media who know better.

6. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Mike Johnson is the little parted-haired pissant who was trying to outdo Slopnik during Impeachment I.

An even worse candidate than Emmer.

Webster likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Maga Mike is going to get the gavel. There is no such thing as a moderate Republican and the party is taking its last gasps. It’ll be DOA by this afternoon. Pure trumplican.

Dems better have a complete wipeout in the House next fall. The fuckery these fucktools are going to do for trump is going to be off the charts.

All for that lying, whiny piece of shit fucking traitorous felon.

Good fucking luck America. And Ukraine. You’re on your own.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Republicans will not vote for someone who won’t prostrate himself in front of Trump.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

As a bonus, Maga Mike is also an anti-gay bigot and wants as national abortion ban.

Swing district trumplicans will be gone. Of course, we’ll also have a government shutdown and a wrecked economy. Good job good effort.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And now that they have a Speaker and are out of process stories, the shit-for-brains DC press corps will go back to treating the House GOP like a legitimate governing body.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Kristen Welker will call this "unprecedented" (salary - $2.9M per annum)

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You know what? I never said I provide great material. Snark, yes. And I'm in a snarky mood.

Draft saved Draft deleted