1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Are ALL the assholes in North Carolina these days?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Going after a witness? What could possibly go wrong?!?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Johnson was elected Speaker. Oh, yay.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Those brave anti-insurrection trumplicans folded in a hurry. Clowns.

wicked likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Along with both sidesing and doing MAGAs in a diner stories about how bad the economy is hurting them before they drive off in $80,000 pickups.

Baron Scicluna and garrow like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Throughout America's adventure in free government, our basic purposes have been to keep the peace; to foster progress in human achievement, and to enhance liberty, dignity and integrity among people and among nations. To strive for less would be unworthy of a free and religious people. Any failure traceable to arrogance, or our lack of comprehension or readiness to sacrifice would inflict upon us grievous hurt both at home and abroad."
    --Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Their windmills are causing whales to die in numbers never seen before. Nobody does anything about that. They’re washing up onshore. I saw it this weekend. Three whales came up. You wouldn’t see it once a year. Now they’re coming up on a weekly basis. The windmills are driving them crazy. They’re driving the whales, I think a little batty.”
    --Donald J. Trump

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My parents probably didn't vote for him, but I like Ike.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Hey democracy, it was nice knowing ya.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Considering the history of Republican Speakers of the House since 1994, to wit, in order from Gingrich on, resigned in disgrace, resigned in disgrace, went to jail as pedophile, quit because job was driving him crazy, quit to make money and because he wasn't good at it, and thrown out by his own party, I think it's fair to say Johnson has been awarded a poisoned chalice.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

All he needs to do is hang on for a year and a half to massively fuck up things.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It was pointed out to me here that he wouldn't preside over the counting unless the GOP wins the House again.

2muchcoffeeman and Alma like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Johnson can lose only four votes from his party on any issue before the House. That's a tough road to hoe. He has to create a new fundraising apparatus in the meantime, as he's never really done fundraising before (one of the drawbacks of a very safe district). Last but not least, the House plays no role in the 2024 presidential election until the next Congress is sworn in in January 2025. If he's still Speaker then, IMO Trump won the election more or less fair and square, and his role would be moot.

maumann and Alma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted