1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Blows my mind that Johnson is just a three-termer - my guess is that everyone in the GOP House thinks they'll have some sway over someone with so little experience. He hasn't been around long enough to piss off enough people. And I guess Scalise is still Majority Leader - huge win for Louisiana. Surprised they already have the sign over his door. I wonder if one was made for Jordan, Emmer and Scalise? Do they send those to Haiti like all those Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champs t-shirts they make before the game?

CD Boogie likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nah. Judges are bound by the law. They can't read the headlines and work off of what they know is Trump's pattern or what has happened in his other trials and gag orders. They can only operate based on hearings in front of them in their individual case. Trump scofflaws the gag order. Prosecutor has to file on it, then a hearing gets scheduled in a week or two. Perhaps there's some bullshit appeal that has to be swatted down. Judge rules on that brief. Repeat. He's going to have to do it three times at least before they can truly consider dropping the hammer on him. It'll come. He can't help himself.

This is just like "Merrick Garland's just sitting there doing nothing." Funny how I don't read that one often any more.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
    HanSenSE and Regan MacNeil like this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Wait till it's campaign time and he can't raise enough money for everyone with their hand out. This guy is going to piss off a lot of people in both parties. If he does anything to moderate his stance and actually get anything done he'll piss off his own crazy caucus. If he takes the extreme stance that is his normal position it will piss off the R's in Biden states who want to get re-elected. He's a sure bet to add even more Democratic motivation.

The question is how bad will things get before the '24 elections. Or maybe how long will he last before they hit the ejection seat on this guy too?

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Webster likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I love to dunk on MAGA as much as anyone, but if you think Jenna's retainer wasn't at least that, you're nuts. Whether she actually needs the money is another question entirely ...

9. Neutral Corner

You know knows exactly what Mark Meadows has testified to? Trump and his lawyers. Both of the federal cases are past the point of turning over discovery documents, so they already have it.

Might be part of why Trump has been extra twitchy lately, that and three of his lawyers making a deal. The walls are closing in.

As to Meadows, whether he talked to the grand jury on a one day immunity deal or something bigger, you know he has to be angling for a full immunity deal if he can get one. Time's running out though, screw around too long and the prosecutors get much less generous.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This guy is on-brand for that klan. A science-denying white guy from an SEC state seems a better fit for a GOP Speaker than that guy from Minnesota. It wasn't hard for the klan to drop Emmer.

wicked likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Probably also hoping that the war in Israel sparks the end times.

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted