1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A BBQ joint open on Thanksgiving that isn’t showing football on its TVs is not a place I’d want to eat.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

sam-

I caught one person at my mother's rest home trying to put the TV on the local Fox News aff.
    I gently 'corrected' the staffer who did it that the TV was not to be touched.

I don't think there's any real malevolence in it, I think they are simply used to turning it to Fox News for people. That's a problem.

wicked likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Here's the problem with the Blue political leaders that we have, they continually fail to squarely address the fantasies that the clowns in Red float up.

Election Fraud? Its you who have been convicted and sentence for election fraud; its you who has lost all 40 lawsuits;

Sanctity of the family? Its you who have been consistently caught having extra-marital affairs and being "on the down low" (well its not perfectly one-sided I admit);

Fiscal conservatism? Add in military spending and the GOP has consistently, year after year, been the overspenders;

Love of Military? The GOP has consistently failed to fund the VA and veterans pay and have cut active pay;

Finally, Constitution and Love for America? You are the one that stormed the Capital and conspired to overturn the election; you are the one that doesn't follow the Bill of Rights (Right to Freedom of Religion, Right to Free Speech).
    The one (and apparently) only issue that the Left has addressed front and center is Abortion and we have seen the fruits of that. Message there, follow it.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Of course!

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm sure Georgia will be prompt about this.

ATLANTA — A federal judge has ruled that Georgia's congressional and state legislative districts must be redrawn before the 2024 election, reshaping the fight for control of Congress and the Georgia legislature.
    In a 516-page order released Thursday, U.S. District Court Judge Steve Jones wrote that the current political maps drawn by Republican lawmakers after the last census violate the federal Voting Rights Act by diluting the voting power of Black voters.
    Jones, who was nominated to the court by former President Barack Obama, ordered lawmakers to redraw the maps by Dec. 8.

6. Driftwood

But I bet it will be proper BBQ.
    Everything but the squeal.

7. Driftwood

When my dad had to do physical rehab, the facility he was in for a couple weeks blocked ALL cable news. You could watch local and nation news on the networks, but no cable news.
    They were all intentionally blocked. It was the smartest thing ever.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When I was getting iron infusions, it was at a center that also did chemo treatments. Picture about 20-25 reclining chairs in a large room. TVs were all set to MeTV or RetroTV or some other similar sub-channel that never showed anything during the day from after the Rural Purge.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. Driftwood

Yep. Of course when not watching Fox, that was my dad's go-to at home anyway.
    At the rehab place he got a steady dose of MASH, Andy, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, etc. He was not happy.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just wait until halftime of the Cowboys game, with Dolly Parton as guest performer for the Salvation Army Kettle Kickoff. Bring your batting helmet just in case.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Anyone who doesn’t like Dolly at halftime is gonna make me angry.

They’re not gonna like me when I’m angry.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I certainly understand that inflation is still not good. And that the economy affects people differently, depending on where you are, income level and host of other factors.

But there certainly seems to be a disconnect on the numbers and how people say they "feel" about the economy. Consumers are spending like drunken sailors, so the "feeling" is pretty odd.

We've all been hearing about a recession that hasn't come yet. For more than a year. I guess that's driving it? I don't know.

I don't what to minimize anything anyone is experiencing. It's just doesn't line up to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted