1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's not okay. It still isn't the same as the civilians being the target.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  3. outofplace

I'm not saying it's justified. I'm saying it's still not what Hamas did or will continue to do.

4. outofplace

I hear you. Honestly, I'm not at all angry or frustrated with you. I just see it differently. War is a nasty, ugly business, and it almost always going to claim innocent victims. I still draw a line between waging war and a terrorist attack.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I consider myself pretty liberal - and support an independent Palestine state. Yet, I have no interest in joining protests for Palestine while Hamas is still holding hostages. The entire thing is a tragedy with people using the bodies of civilians to push political agendas. Its disgusting.

7. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

"Yahweh" is never pronounced. Instead, the spoken word is "Adonai" (our Lord) or "HaShem" (the name). Sometimes "Elohim." Nobody sounds out the word "Yahweh." I've never heard it as a conversationally proficient Hebrew speaker who spent a lot of time in Israel and I've never heard it in religious serves.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hamas delegation visiting Russia today. I wonder how that plays with the pro-Israel, pro-Putin right wingers?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The left better worry about its college problem.

I don't see too many protests on the right supporting Russia.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

College problem? How many, exactly, universities and students have been involved?

And WTF do you think trying to cut off aid for Ukraine is if not support for Russia’s crimes?

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No, but I see Republican congressmen who want to cut Ukraine funding, supported by their Fox-fed constituents.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Dozens of universities. Thousands of students. I know we've turned a blind eye on this board, but . . .

Israel-Hamas war continues to roil American colleges, sparking walkouts

However misguided it may be, there is an argument to be made that our support is only prolonging a conflict that will end in the same way regardless, assuming Russia's resolve is stronger than Capitol Hill's (a pretty good bet). And also costing us money we don't have (not that that has mattered in decades).

And this "support" is basically mostly behind closed doors amid a mountain of political gobbledygook. It's not taking to the streets with signs and bullhorns.

Draft saved Draft deleted