1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meanwhile on the International front....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I alone

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Re: The college campus stuff.

I've found a lot of it surprising (maybe I shouldn't) and definitely disturbing. From some students to some faculty members.

Colleges can be an incubator for contrary thinking. Sometimes that's great. In this case, it's particularly awful. Certainly some (many?) students are committed to their point of view. And some (many?) are just along for the ride and oblivious to the larger issues and what they're actually supporting. I'm willing bet most of them don't actually support ethnic cleansing.

It's a real issue. What I don't know is percentages. The worst of the worst are certainly highlighted by people who have a clear agenda and want people to believe this is some sort of overall Democrat position (which is the political side I find fucking disgusting).

But, on a campus of say, 30,000 undergrads, how many are we talking about? A few hundred? A thousand? And what are those percentages nationwide?

My estimate is that it's not big. It just gets the most play on social media and angertainment outlets. Because of that agenda.

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Yeah but I saw it on TV news, so it must be important.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

When they scream "Rip their head off!" at a college football game, they usually don't mean it literally.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Usually. Except Bama.

Batman likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

How many college students knew who Che Guevara was before they put those dumb shirts on a few years ago?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We aren’t like that for non-conference games.

Batman likes this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Once I had a young lady let me know she'd be leaving class early to attend a banking/finance job fair. "In that case," says I, "you might want to give yourself a bit more time to change your shirt before you go."

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Many of these people are expressing support for Palestinians, who they see as victims. That doesn't mean they are all supporting Hamas, as some of the individuals trying to spread their fake hysteria would have you believe. Some of the chants are disturbing, but I imagine many of the idiots chanting "...from the river to the sea.." have no idea what it means.

It's all disturbing, but the folks falsely claiming that every protester hates Jewish people and wants us all dead are either incredibly stupid, completely full of shit, or a toxic mix of both.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Some поезда never run late.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted