1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please allow me to interject my feelings about Mother Nature

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 11, 2015.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

First Colorado ski resort just announced it's opening Sunday so we're in for some good powder from this storm. Could get up to 6 inches in the lowlands.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sure, but you can go through multiple summers without having to deal with a hurricane, particularly if you are well inland. Try doing winter without the cold and ice.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, that's true, and it really sucks.

One of our dogs loves splashing in the water. Can't do it in our neighborhood's lakes.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

70’s-80’s most of the week.
    40’s-50’s with north wind today
    Freezing rain,sleet,flurries starting tomorrow.
    The cold gear comes out tonight.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We have about three more days of warm weather scheduled in Mississippi. Mid-80s today and I'm wearing shorts to cover football tonight. Next week's game it'll be in the 40s and I'll have a couple of layers on.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Respectfully disagree. You can always bundle up if you want to go outside and enjoy winter weather/activities. But in the heat and (especially) humidity, there’s only so many layers you can strip off.

PaperDoll likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

"Fall" in Texas: Blink and you'll miss it.

Some years like 2019 it's as short as three weeks before you get high temperatures below the January normal. And "leaf season" doesn't exist. It all stays green until the first serious norther, then they drop like a Charlie Brown cartoon.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I can handle most winters in Texas, but the older I get, the worse the summers get.

I hope to become a "reverse snowbird" and spend July and August somewhere more temperate in those months like maybe the UP or closer to civilization on the upper LP. Just find me a town with an old-school malt shop with burgers and I might be right at home.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It was 75ish last week, and this week, back up to 90. On Monday, it drops to the 60s for half a week, before (maybe?) settling into the mid-70s for a bit. Hopefully. Maybe?

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

One of the things we enjoyed most about moving back to Alabama from Texas was actually having four seasons. October here is beautiful. The turning of the leaves depends on how much rain we get, though. If it's too dry they go to brown quickly, but 70-80 degree days and 50-60 nights are glorious.

maumann likes this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Got my football games done just in time because the snow is flying here.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Correct. Gotta go with this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted