1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

MLB International call, by Dave Fleming. Not the first big World Series homer he's called in Texas.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Why? Were the broadcasters surprised the ball carried over the wall? It didn’t look that well struck off the bat from TV.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Fleming earlier this year and drinking an adult beverage with him; super nice guy without a whiff of “look at me, do you who I am?” Just the best.

FileNotFound and HanSenSE like this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sounded quite ho-hum, like they were just calling fly balls. Then it was over the fence. Especially the Texas guy.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He doesn’t sound that happy, does he?

6. El Guapo

El Guapo New Member

That sounds unusually subdued, though Eric Nadel missed about half of the season while getting treatment for mental health issues. He also is keenly aware of the Rangers' history of disappointment, so he may be saving his big call for if/when.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Enough with freakin Santa Claus commercials during the World Series. Can we at least get past Halloween?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, baseball on tonight. Had to scroll down to find it on the ESPN home page. :(

Is pitching better than it used to be? I see middle-relievers with just filthy stuff. Don't know if instead of pitchers just developing, they are developing into just being killer for three or four innings (and maybe five and a possible starter if they have endurance) or what - but I see ball movement that defies physics and everyone throws upper 90s, and even more ridiculous low 90s junk.

9. HanSenSE

And he didn't bring them a gift bag, either.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Two sides of Tommy Pham

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I can't believe MLB monkeyed with the World Series schedule to avoid Sunday night just to give the proper runway to Bears-Chargers. I mean, I can, but it's sad.

12. HanSenSE

Would there be a more fitting statement about the Manfred era that losing in the Nielsens to Raiders-Lions?

Draft saved Draft deleted