1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 -- Primetime blues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 24, 2023.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Saleh said afterward that since it was a road game, he was happy to play for the tie.

Batman likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He’s not, but so far Geno Smith looks like the best quarterback Cleveland has faced all season. Amazing handful of plays so far.

3. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Tommy DeVito needs to get his fuckin’ shine box.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It’s weird seeing a Seahawks home game with the sun shining.

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Don’t believe them when they tell you that you are going to be made.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That was the least Jetsy of Jets results ever.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think Greg Zuerlein gets overlooked when talking about the game's great kickers. He's been pretty much money for a long time. 82.6% on field goals lifetime.

Captain_Kirk likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That would be the comp guy - I've banged the drum for Minshew, but the performance just isn't there. They are both like my golf game - I hit one amazing shot - perfect - and I think THAT is what kind of golfer I am - and figure all the crummy shots and mis hits are anomolies - just freakish things. When in reality I am more the latter than the former.

Hermes likes this.
  9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

He’s come back to Earth after the first quarter.

And until the Seahawks start looking for/stopping the screens, no reason for the Browns to quit running them.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Minshew is a great backup quarterback. He's capable enough to step in and give you a chance when he's suddenly thrown into a game, and will play well enough to keep you treading water for a few weeks. But if you have to go more than four or five games with him his shortcomings will get exposed. He's a .500 (or slightly below) quarterback, which is great if you need a fill-in and not so great when you need him to carry you for an entire season.
    Mayfield is probably a tick above that, in that he might be able to pull your team to a wild card spot.
    Neither guy is winning a Super Bowl.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I never thought Will Levis would have one game in the NFL like the one he had today.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This just in: Brock Purdy is human.

Draft saved Draft deleted