1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 -- Primetime blues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 24, 2023.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Six turnovers in the past three weeks ain't so purdy.

2. HappyCurmudgeon

Dealing with the Bucs a little bit I will say that Mayfield's personality isn't as surly as you might think. The NFL will humble the fuck out of you and he is a pretty accountable guy that seems to be well liked by his teammates. On the field a lot of his old bad habits are starting to show up in the past month. He's probably had five turnovers that were dropped or batted instead of picked. Both him and Minshew are in the same bottom third tier of NFL quarterbacks I guess. Baker had a good season and a very good playoff game. There's your difference.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

No it isn’t. And where has the defense vanished to?

qtlaw, Spartan Squad and HanSenSE like this.
  4. HappyCurmudgeon

Cousins became one of those guys that you could almost bank on giving you a full season every year. I think he has missed like 2 or 3 starts in his nine seasons as a full-time starter. He's going to be the most interesting free agent story of the offseason. My early guess is he'll be in Tampa Bay next year.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

You're understating just how bad that was. Unimaginably bad. Fucking moronic. Every single outcome other than going for it on fourth down--with your fucking franchise back that you swear you won't trade this week--was needlessly risky and that would have been the case even if Zach Wilson didn't have the best 20 seconds of his career. Just unfathomably stupid.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I didn't want to like this post
    I didn't need to like this post
    But there was no way I couldn't like this post
    Don't feel bad
    Two out of three ain't bad

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

If you had any doubt the NFL wouldn't exploit the shit out of the Damar Hamlin incident, it was just erased.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

There was never a scintilla of doubt.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Chiefs OL did everything possible today to have Mahomes in a cast.
    Good Grief, they were horrid.
    That said, the rest of the Chiefs sucked as well.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

When Rodgers tore his Achilles there was a bunch of whining about the dangers of artificial turf. Now that Cousins did the same thing on the grass at Lambeau, maybe we won't hear quite as much about it.
    Achilles injuries are weird. It doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing. When they go, they go, and there's not much rhyme or reason to it.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I think this is a case where turf should be replaced b/c it's terrible and random bad shit can still happen on grass. Ryan Howard's career basically ended on a ground ball to end the 2011 NLDS.

Draft saved Draft deleted