1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 -- Primetime blues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 24, 2023.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Great. Now do the same to the Titans for the ones they wore yesterday.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Titans own the old Oilers trademarks and copyrights and can do whatever they want with them.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Which absolutely sucks.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Warner and Greenlaw did play fantastic last year and at 5he start but they’re not making the same plays now. I think the D got big head’s worrying about their ranking and not paying attention to detail.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The lad has a bit of his daddy's sass. Take THAT, Columbus!

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was blue-fonting with my comment. The Titans are NOT the Oilers. I mean, maybe if they felt the need for a throwback they could have done the Tenn Oilers with the derrick and the flag stars but for chrissakes move on already.

Batman likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Trademarks are trademarks. It still is a lousy visual in terms of pettiness. And I'm trying to wrap my head around why a franchise would have a problem with another entity's desire to highlight the historical identity.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

They're also part of the NFL.

9. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’ll defer to someone with more specific knowledge, but the general provision with trademarks is that if you don’t defend them, you lose them. That fact is rarely reported when some big company sends a cease and desist to some infringing mom and pop. It always makes a great story that the big bad multinational is pushing around the little guy, but they really don’t have a choice. Use it or lose it.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They are a .500ish team with a small margin for error. They have flaws all over the place that were exacerbated by the in-game losses of Fitzpatrick and Pickett.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Titans did Oilers throwbacks yesterday, something announced months ago. I’m sure they plan on making a tidy profit on merchandise sales and felt UH’s version would cut into that market. (And yes, there are Houstonians who remain loyal to the Titans, even after all this time.)

jr/shotglass likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Do people really buy any of the special jerseys? The only time I’ve ever seen any Jets or Giants camo, pink or throwback gear is at Marshall’s or TJ Maxx

Draft saved Draft deleted