1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 8 -- Primetime blues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 24, 2023.

1. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Say this much for the USFL....The Michigan Panthers uniforms have been sharp in both incarnations of that league.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, coaches love to see their best players get hurt so they can lose games and get their own ass fired. :rolleyes:

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /approves

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Why would any coach sub out their QB1 on a play that puts that player at risk? Might as well announce that it’s coming.

You’re smarter than that, Dan.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It would kind of send a shitty message to QB2 as well, wouldn't it?
    "This play is so dangerous that we don't want QB1 to run it. QB2, get in there! You're expendable!"

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm so old fashioned, if my fastest player was a starting receiver, I'd use him to return kicks.

You get X chances to hit a home run every game. Don't waste any.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is that really how the QB2 would see it? It is an opportunity to get on the field.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Batman likes this.
  9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Nah, they're just the stupidest fucking people in the country this side of Republican "leadership."

10. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I think almost every team in the CFL uses QB2 to run the sneak. From what I watch, they rarely fake and run a different play out of it.

I do think the one yard buffer at the LOS makes the sneak a different play in the 12 man game.

11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

It was. It was on all their gear back in the Alex Karras days. I had a shit-ton of it. On TV, though, it was tough to see that outside of an extreme close-up.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Do the Bears just like starting late on Day 2 of the NFL Draft?

They traded their 2024 second-round pick for Montez Sweat, who is in the final year of his contract. Last season, they traded a second-rounder for Chase Claypool. That turned out to be a disaster. I don't think the Bears won another game and that turned out to be the first pick in the second round and Claypool was awful for them. Sweat is certainly a better player, but that's a high price for a player who will be a free agent after the season.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
Draft saved Draft deleted