1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Why? It's one of my favorite insults. And it's not really gendered. Except when it is.

[​IMG]

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Truth is an absolute defense….

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So Eric Trump in the witness chair tomorrow. This is going to be fun. When the prosecutor subpoenas a defendant and puts them in the hot seat nothing good for them is likely to ensue. This is a documents case, they're going to put them in front of him.

"So, Mr. Trump, the company had two separate sets of books expressing radically different valuations of it's properties. Would you please explain why, and how that accounting system worked?" Eric on Wednesday, Junior Thursday, Ivanka Friday. Then Trump gets to stew in his juices all weekend before his turn come Monday.

I can't wait.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see anything coming out of this. Everyone will play stupid.

franticscribe and dixiehack like this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Ivanka delayed until Nov. 8.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Democrats didn't "freak out" in 2016, either. In fact, quite a few didn't even bother to show up to vote.

I think this time, I'll prefer the "freakout" stance.

7. Neutral Corner

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

For a split second, thought that was Alexa Parks.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My God. Those people are already living in Shreveport. You’ve got to give them something.

franticscribe and wicked like this.
  10. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I heard boos in there but I will listen again.

Nothing against the great courageous Sioux nation (the real Sioux people) but nobody really cares about the geographical difference between Sioux City and Sioux Falls.

Let's keep it real for a minute.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Except for the people in Sioux City and Sioux Falls.

And, well, anyone who notices the sheer number of gaffes Trump has made lately.

matt_garth likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

The judge has already decided they are guilty of fraud. They can play stupid all they want, that won't change. The documentary evidence is plain. Add that while in a criminal case, taking the 5th protects against self incrimination and cannot be held against the defendant, in a civil case the jury (or judge) can decide that it is an effort to cover up or conceal evidence.

I mean, what can Eric say in his own defense? He's on the board, he gets paid big bucks, he was (in theory anyway) running the Trump Org with his brother once daddy became president. "Daddy told me it was ok?" "Allen Weisselberg did it, I didn't know anything?"

The thing that makes me happiest is that when the judge orders the properties sold to divest the company and fund the enormous fine he's going to impose, Mar A Lago is one of the company owned properties that will go on the block. It is not owned by Trump personally.

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted