1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Red light, gas light

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

NEWS — SENATE MINORITY LEADER MITCH MCCONNELL went after @HawleyMO in a closed Senate GOP meeting today. HAWLEY signed onto an end Citizens United bill. MCCONNELL told HAWLEY hes only in the Senate because of the Senate Leadership Fund — which accepts unlimited contributions. MCCONNELL warned that anyone who signs on will get heavy incoming from the right.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

For starters, Joe Biden would trounce Hillary Clinton in a head to head — rightly or wrongly. He has an intangible that she doesn’t. I’d say visible humanity, but that’s just me. Also, the Comey statement came two weeks before the election. We’re 12 months out.

That said, this group is good at analyzing data. Biden’s internal polls predicted a tough fight last time, even though most state polls showed him reasonably ahead. If there’s an issue, I’m confident they’ll address it. I’m not confident he’ll win, but that’s another matter entirely.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

How many more of these clips is “Ron Filipkowski” going to post before he realizes none of them will make an ounce of difference?

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Paid blue checks are fucking sad. I don't care what your political affiliations are.

7. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

That's what I've been thinking. Who among those supporting or thinking of supporting Trump is saying "Oh, he said or posted that. I can't vote for him now."

He's only had about 50,000 of them.

wicked likes this.
  8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

They're getting more noticeable, but they're not bad as the ones I've seen. He still recognizes time and space. There needs to be much less of him on the trail of course, but he'd never let that happen.

My mom has stage 4 dementia - thinks she fought in the American Civil War.

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

>>> Filipkowski is another 'reform-minded conservative' bilking this for as much as he can get. From Sarasota head of the local GOP jerkoff club to 'editor' of Meidas Touch's new print division.

Good work if you can get it. Or if you're a republican in atonement.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

By denying claims, Medicare Advantage plans hurt rural hospitals, say CEOs

"Some 31 million Americans have Medicare Advantage plans, private-sector alternatives to Medicare introduced in 2003 by Congress to encourage greater efficiency in health care. Just over half of Americans on Medicare are enrolled in one of the plans offered by large insurance companies, including UnitedHealthcare and Humana.

Problems are emerging with the plans, however. Last year, a federal audit from 2013 was released showing that 8 of the 10 largest plans had submitted inflated bills to Medicare. As for the quality of care, the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, a non-partisan agency of Congress, said in a March report that it could not conclude Medicare Advantage plans “systematically provide better quality” over regular Medicare.

Even worse, because the plans routinely deny coverage for necessary care, they are threatening the existence of struggling rural hospitals nationwide, CEOs of facilities in six states told NBC News. While the number of older Americans who rely on Medicare Advantage in rural areas continues to rise, these denials force the hospitals to eat the increasing costs of care, causing some to close operations and leave residents without access to treatment."

maumann likes this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Since this is my first merry-go-round with Medicare, I'm honestly finding no Advantage in having Advantage. My bills would be about the same if I factored in the monthly bill to United, which is the only provider offered by either the State Health Plan or Turner/now AT&T. I need to ask my PCP if he'd rather just deal with the government instead of the insurance company.

tea and ease likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted