1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Colorado used to be a state dominated by Eisenhower Republicans. For 50 years when a republican incumbent retires the next guy is more conservative. Basically in Colorado the Republicans went from Eisenhower conservative to Goldwater conservative to however you would describe Boebert. Buck was considered a hard right winger when he was elected and now he is being driven out for not having enough ideological purity.

garrow and MileHigh like this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's what they call him on the tool aisle at Four Seasons.

OscarMadison, maumann and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

You have more access to your PCP than I do. I have a very complicated and unusual situation that required three surgeries. I am supposed to go back every year for a review. I would really like to see the guy because my condition has surprisingly improved. I dutifully sign up on-line to see him. Invariably I see a nurse practitioner who renews my prescription but has no idea what to do about my condition. I was told the guy is a very highly touted surgeon and basically has stopped seeing patients because there is more money in the operating room.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Yeah, good luck with that. He may be the guy monitoring your condition, but he isn't a primary care physician if you can't get him to look at you. Add that "My condition has improved surprisingly well" isn't a line that spurs him to look in on you to cover his ass against a malpractice suit. Obviously I know nothing about what your condition is, but if it is complicated, required three surgeries and is ongoing, it might be a good idea to find someone else who knows the field but isn't a crackerjack cutter who will actually monitor you.

I have nothing against NP's but they are there to skim off the easy cases and get them covered and free up the doc to handle more complex problems. They don't have the same expertise. I assume that the ones in this practice are familiar with the sorts of surgical cases your guy does and can monitor you, but the bottom line is that sometimes you want to see your physician, and that should not be an unreasonable or impossible request.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When you keep running purity tests in a political party, eventually you wind up with a party of one and a bunch of cult members.

8. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

My wife has been with her PCP for 30+ years. The doctor is retiring at the end of the year. They have hired another doctor to replace her, and my wife said she would go see her once and if she can't get clear on whether she will see the doctor in the future to a PA/NP, she will look elsewhere.

9. Neutral Corner

The PA/NP thing is more and more common. Corporate cost cutting came to medical practices. I called to set up an annual physical three weeks ago and my appointment was in the second week of January. I don't mind the NP for standard ailments - colds, seasonal allergies, minor stuff. It does bother me when I can't get to the doc when I need to.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Quote from Ken Buck, who's quitting and says stuff like this, yet still voted for election denier and insurrection enthusiast Maga Mike for speaker:

Rep. Ken Buck: “Our nation is on a collision course with reality...Too many Republican leaders are lying to America, claiming that the 2020 election was stolen...It’s impossible for the Republican Party to...offer a course correction for the future while being obsessively fixated on retribution and vengeance for contrived injustices of the past...The Republican party of today...is ignoring self-evident truths about the rule of law and limited government in exchange for self-serving lies.”

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Well I mean the bible doesn't mention bank accounts, so he probably just doesn't have one.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

"Our country is in grave danger. Therefore, I am checking out. Look me up if you'r ever on K Street."

OscarMadison, wicked, Webster and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted