1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Video from DJT, Jr's testimony.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

"George Santos" faces the expulsion vote this evening. It's a high threshold to be removed, and it should be. But damn, this fraud has lapped the threshold and is coming around for another lap.

My guess is they fall short of two-thirds and he stays. Too many fucking cowards in the trumplian party.

Maga Mike wants him to stay. It would be a pretty good knee-capping for Maga Mike if Santos is ejected against his will. On top of losing a reliable vote with a thin margin (which is ultimately why he'll stay).

But if he gets tossed, on top of the insulting idea of tying Israel aid to IRS funding so the mega-rich can cheat on their taxes, it would be an awful start for Speaker Maga Mike.

garrow likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Had a follow-up with my MD this morning, which reminded me of another great scam you see everywhere. Doc decides he wants blood work done, so you walk into the next room over from the examination room and suddenly you are allegedly in Quest Diagnostics, with a separate insurance billing (that will inevitably get kicked back to me asking for an extra copay.) Same office space, same cast of characters and the doctor’s name on the fine print license as the “lab supervisor” but it has declared itself as its own sovereign entity, like an embassy or the Vatican or some such.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"If you know yourself and you know your enemy, you must never fear defeat. Because you can always convince your followers you actually won, and they will do the fighting for you."
    --Sun Coo, The Art of the Deal of War

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Get some constituents from his district to swear out criminal complaints for fraud, on the basis that "George Santos" the person who was supposedly elected to Congress, legally does not exist, and any and every action he takes purporting to be that person, constitutes additional acts of fraud.
    In addition to the criminal complaints, file civil lawsuits by the dozen on the grounds his actions are depriving the constituents of functional representation in Congress. Have the fucker "Santos" served with the lawsuits right on the floor of the House.
    In addition, start going after the money. Who is pulling his strings?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
  7. Neutral Corner

That's pretty standard and was twenty years ago. You probably have people in there on the doctor's payroll and on Quest's. The labs do their own QC and also have a lab supervisor who is over a group of such remote labs and makes sure that all the technical stuff is kept within limits and correct. The doctor is overall responsible. I guarantee you nobody down there likes dealing with medical insurance any more than you do. It's all picky as hell. Remember also that the copay structure, deductible amounts, all that stuff is negotiated between your employer and their insurance provider. Don't blame the lab for those.

2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As an old with Medicare and a Medicare supplement, I don't really notice my billing that much if it's routine, but one thing I have noticed is that while my PCP used to send me down the hall for my bloodwork, now the bloodwork comes to me in the examining room in the usual 30-45 minute wait before he appears. He's a good doctor, too good maybe. He was unavailable for a year (had a sub) on a research project, and my physical had to be postponed from July to next January because he's teaching.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just wait until your in-network doctor sends the tests to an out-of-network lab, which the insurance then processes the claim as out-of-network. Chaos ensues.

dixiehack likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Been there, done that, took the call from the irate patient who got a bill.

11. Neutral Corner

So Eileen Cannon is making noises like she doesn't think they can possibly start Trump's document case as soon as next May. Predictably, she's going to delay the trial for Trump.

It's going to be really funny when she gives up that time slot and one of the other Jack Smith trials jumps into line early and finishes before the election.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted