1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 2023 Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Cooperstown-bound.

Twirling Time likes this.
  2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the Senators, the first youth baseball team I played on in 1970 and 71.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Soon as the Rangers got on the board, I knew Bochy would get them the rest of the way. Saw that many a time in San Francisco.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I find it hilarious that the Rangers, the Mavericks and the Stars have won league titles since the last time the Cowboys won a Super Bowl.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Congrats Rangers. As a kid, loved their blue cap with the red brim. Al Oliver et al.

qtlaw likes this.
  6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The Rangers are charmions!!!!!

Twirling Time likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

This team might return completely intact in 2024. No expiring contracts among the FA-eligible guys and Leclerc is the only player in the arbitration stage. The rest of the team are kids under full club control. A big concern is money spent on players with iffy health (namely deGrom, Scherzer) but that's the price of winning a ring.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

OK, this is the second time I've seen someone mix up the Seager bros on this thread. Is there a running joke here I'm not aware of?

10. Twirling Time

No joke here on my end. My mistake was an honest one. Kyle Seager is right up there with Tim Salmon and Vlad Guerrero on the Ranger killer list.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

So I missed the celebration. Did the Rangers jump into the pool?

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Twirling Time

11-0 in the freaking postseason on the road. That'll make some hockey teams blush.

Draft saved Draft deleted