1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Still bad news for Biden

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

NYT calling the Ohio abortion referendum. Good job losing again, vagina haters.

Junkie, matt_garth and tapintoamerica like this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If you’re saying Democrats should have a Plan B… well, you should always have a Plan B. And C, D and E.

Not sure I have enough confidence in Democratic leadership right now to have that much foresight. That’s my biggest criticism.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’m saying fuck the polls.

I’m also saying that the Ohio and Kentucky results are far more relevant than a bunch of polls.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

If for whatever reason Biden drops out (I seriously doubt he will), then it'll likely be Harris and Newsom as the top contenders. I don't know how much else can be done as far as plan B, C, etc.

But there needs to be a whole lot less crying on the Dem side, especially among the political elite. For fuck's sake, Biden has done a very good job under largely terrible circumstances. And with not much margin (and none at all now in the House) to work with.

garrow, wicked and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kaitlin Collins: Ohio approves abortions and weed, do you feel like you're out of touch?

Vivek: I'm not out of touch, Kaitlin, you're out of touch!

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Cue principal skinner meme

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I see trump cosplayer Vivek is still out there acting like a fucking moron.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Tough one for the Times. The cheerleading is overt, and it looks like their boy's klan is going down.

Virginia State Legislature Results
    Gov. Glenn Youngkin isn’t on the ballot, but Virginia’s elections for 140 seats in the state legislature are very much about his future. If Republicans can wrest the 40-seat Senate from Democratic hands — giving the G.O.P. control of the state government for the first time since 2013 — it will burnish Mr. Youngkin’s image as a presidential contender in 2028, or even 2024. He has said that he will decide whether to make a bid later this month.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Exonerated “Central Park Five” member Yusef Salaam has won a seat on the New York City Council.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The night is getting tougher and tougher for Trumpists.

Draft saved Draft deleted