1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Let's hope the Dems learned their lesson in 2016 when they went all-in on Hillary Clinton way too early.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just for comparison's sake LBJ was 36A 52 D the month he decided not to run again. Again, Biden is averaging 40-55

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Look, I’ve been mostly on your side this year about this but it’s been fucking beat to death already.

wicked and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And Obama was 43-50 at this time in 2011.

Probably should have dropped out to avoid that Mitt Romney tidal wave coming.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think I read it on this very board that Dems in both houses of Congress should propose a 15-week abortion ban. It would pass because everybody supports it. And it would earn them points with Trumpists and independents.
    I also think I read that in Virginia, the Trumpist in the governor's mansion promised to propose such legislation as soon as his klan won both chambers. Wonder how that's going.

2muchcoffeeman and dixiehack like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's an international relations professo on Twitter who summed up my opinion. "Talking about winning the election by Biden not running is like proposing to solve climate change by moving the earth 10 million miles further away from the sun. Not going to happen, so better to discuss ideas that might work."

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

What about national polling over the last 8 years makes anyone think it’s in any way reliable?

I get it to some extent. I used to be pretty big into polls and all the speculation they spark. But they’ve been so consistently wrong that they’re useless as an actual measure. The industry is broken, or just on board with feeding the political media beast.

Comparing year-out polls from now and 50 years ago seems particularly pointless.

Fred siegle, TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

“These results were a setback for those who viewed letting people exercise rights over their own bodies as exhausting, pointless and sometimes icky. This trend also baffled many Republicans who had been running campaigns confidently asserting that they knew what was best for enormous swaths of the population, who would doubtless be relieved not to have to wake up each morning and keep pretending to be people who could make their own decisions.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/11/08/tuesday-election-female-rights-popular/

wicked and tapintoamerica like this.
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, they think their bought-and-paid-for Shiite Catholic SCOTUS is gonna give them a life-begins-at-conception ruling which will utterly outlaw abortion everywhere in the US. They don't want to fight this battle over and over again in 50 states. They want it over with, for good. That's been the plan since 1973.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

POTUS
    SCOTUS
    Sens and Reps
    Govs and Judgz
    State Ledg, Local Pols
    65 = Go to the house
    The future is not yours

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

And, his age. Don't forget his age.

I hate that it's the case, but his age is the biggest thing people do not like, and the most glaring thing that, at least on the surface and at first glance, makes Biden unpopular. Both Biden and Trump are too old for the job, but it is sticking to Biden even more so. He will be 81 in two weeks. Younger voters, and even most older ones, want some candidates to run the country who aren't in their 70s and beyond.

The sentiment that, "He's just too damn old," is a real, legitimate thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted