1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Such a great column.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I mentioned earlier - Axelrod didn't seem too worried then. All I'm saying is that there should be discussions. The capital P Party too often is just an Incumbent Protection Association, regardless of the potential harm involved.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

November 2019:

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 8.13.19 PM.png

Biden's 2019 election projection for 2020: 52%
    Biden's actual 2020 election percentage: 51.3%

Pretty darn accurate.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It was 5% low for Trump.

That's the thing - the polls in 2016 and 2020 showed Trump typically getting less support than he actually ended up getting. Folks just sandbagged the polls - lied about their answers - then voted a different way in secret.

The fact that Trump's ahead in any polls right now after Jan. 6, with all the criminal cases, should stun people. It's either polling malpractice of a significant order, or American people do not see this current presidency in a good light.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Let Trump start talking. And then let him start talking about abortion.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Best Johnny Mac voice: YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS.

Biden wasn't the nominee then. And, gee, did anything of import happen starting in March of 2020?

Your post is as worthless as a warm bucket of hamster vomit.

Spartan Squad, wicked and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Mom's Demand Action is a gun control advocacy group started in the immediate aftermath of Sandy Hook and that's now part of Everytown for Gun Safety. My wife has been a monthly donor since its inception and increases her donation after every prominent mass shooting.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's true. But since the 2019 poll only added up to 94% between the two candidates, it's normal that there would be more "undecideds" that far out. The "undecideds" in this case mostly broke for Trump.

But you're right about one thing in particular: Trump had ALWAYS been behind in the polls previously. That he's neck-and-neck and/or ahead in some now is staggering. . . . for those without their heads in the sand.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

wicked likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'm in no way saying trump can't win. As unfathomable as it is, there is a real possibility. No "head in the sand," I've been saying it since the chickenshit GOP Senate refused to convict him for his coup attempt.

What I am saying is polls have generally become useless. Yet every outlet continues to bleat out the results as if they having any bearing on reality. A year out, when lord-knows-what can happen between now and November 2024.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dobbs, asshole.

upload_2023-11-8_20-56-37.jpeg

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Elections held one year earlier are not predictive of the next election. Polls taken one year earlier are even less predictive. They can be suggestive of how things MIGHT go, but that's it, and they often aren't even that.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted