1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Thank you, I was trying to find this because I remember something about it happening. I think others have done this as well.

I'll give Tony Bennett credit here, too. He's taken Virginia down to the Siegel Center to play VCU. He's also gone to Harrisonburg to play JMU. VT used to play roadies against in-state teams like VMI, Liberty and ODU but that stopped once Greenberg got there and hasn't really materialized since.

franticscribe likes this.
  2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Hopefully he's gone to JMU for the last time after he agreed to play there to open their new arena and was serenaded with F-bombs for his efforts.

In reality, I doubt that's the case, considering UVA Health System is JMU's court sponsor.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Auriemma does the same scheduling with UConn.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

She can be pissed at the performance but still somewhat OK with it inside for the reason noted. Plus, if your message as a coach to the players is “you can’t live on last year’s glory,” you need to present a less-than-pleased face to them.

5. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

At least Bishop Sycamore isn't on the list.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I understand that most of these players didn’t come to play school, but transferring from Oral Roberts to Loyola-Chicago still has to be a head-turning experience.

franticscribe likes this.
  8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Look up T. Denny Sanford

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have to think a few people - maybe even some women - dressed up as Kim Mulkey for Halloween.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

How are they going to enforce that? What do they do if the departing coach just says "stick it?"

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Liquidated damages.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

That Kent State floor is a fucking mess.

Draft saved Draft deleted