1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

All those Dems wanting to run a "real Democrat" in West Virginia are going to get their wish.

Webster likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Fine; I'm pretty confident the No Labels ticket will draw far more votes away from Tump than from Biden.
    I don't see a Ralph Nader 2.0 situation.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Manchin's seat appeared to be a lock to go red. You never know this far out, but he seemed likely to get crushed.

His actions the last three years make me think few Dems will be rushing to vote for him as third-party candidate.

Jill Stein announced she's running as the Green Party candidate. She can fuck right off.

OscarMadison and Pilot like this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Nope. Trump has his and they are not leaving him.

With the exception of the highly principled galaxy brains and their write-in votes (such as No Labels' Larry Hogan's for Ronald Reagan in 2020), Rs who do not want Trump will either sit out or hold their nose and vote for Biden. Once offered an alternative to abortion crime family Marxist gay married dystopia, they'll pull the lever for that candidate instead of Biden, not Trump.

No Labels considers DeSantis moderate and Biden far left. Look at their leadership and funding. Shit, look at their map showing the path to victory.

[​IMG]

bruh like this is a for real thing that could happen along with my path to zach wilson super bowl mvp

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don’t know. The Never Trumpers who voted for Biden last time around are voting for Manchin.

Also Manchin was pretty good at voting for Biden court nominees. Please tell me where you’re going to pick up that seat from, especially if Biden doesn’t win re-election and Harris doesn’t have the tie-breaking vote. Tester loses and they’re cooked on getting court nominees no matter who’s president. Would be nice if Ds had a legit challenger to Cruz, but Beto Magic done run out.

No, I’m not Chicken Little-ing today, I’m trying to be realistic.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't know any Dems who are likely to vote for Manchin. Most I know would be more likely to cuss him.

Niki Haley looks more and more likely to be the R's Trump alternative if he's out.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Who's his running mate, Lake or Sinema?

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

These MAGA people are very violent, dangerous people, ok?

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I missed the transactions wire where Kentucky acquired Florida man. I wonder how many picks in the upcoming Hillbilly Draft they had to give up.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

How strange. He certainly doesn't look like a bigoted fucking redneck asshole.

12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Damn it. Spilled RC all over the keyboard. Take your damn like.

Draft saved Draft deleted