1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This was me until I met the man’s daughter.

The guy was a real weirdo around town and was responsible for one of two of the most racist things ever said about me. Normally I get a pass because I’m a white guy but every so often my Hispanic name brings out the best in jackasses. This guy said something just awful about me and my family and I never forgave him. That is until I met his daughter and found out the guy had dementia and his personality completely changed. I told her a few stories about him and she was in shock because I wasn’t describing the dad she remembered.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Who is "the man" here?

3. Spartan Squad

This is what happens when I’m multitasking and jump ahead in my brain. I meant a man who I was pleased was in my obit file until I met his daughter.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I thought somehow you were talking about Darrow.

5. Spartan Squad

Yeah I immediately went to the same place when Slacker asked. I blame a tiny human.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I had so many questions for you about what Clarence Darrow was like.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Another thing for Keith Richards to worry about.

OscarMadison and dixiehack like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The gas chambers come next.

11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

A religious belief is a just a moral philosophy. Everyone has one (not all as well developed or reasoned) so why should a person following religious beliefs have less right to vote his conscience than another person who has deeply held beliefs not explicitly founded on a faith in a higher power? A vegan wants to ban eating meat. How is his/her moral belief different or more acceptable than someone expressing a political view based an a religious belief?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
    WriteThinking and Alma like this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Many lawmakers put the rule of God above the rule of law. I'd bet most vegans don't.

OscarMadison and tapintoamerica like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted