1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Most disgusting American. Also, his face looks like a Home Depot apron

2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

What does that mean? A person's political opinion based in part by religious beliefs is less valid/appropriate than a person who believes meat is murder for whatever reason?

You are trying to distinguish the sources of people's political beliefs. And when you claim a political opinion is invalid simply because its source is a religious belief, you are discriminating by religion. There is no basis in United States history or Constitutional law that would bar voters or elected officials from voting their faith.

A religious person's belief is just as valid as an atheist's.

There are limits. It just that it isn't another person's political opinion cannot be influenced by his/her religion.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Arthur Blank can fukcing die yesterday. Haven't been in HD since he first backed Fat Orange Hitler years ago. Another self-loathing Jew.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Of course, they can have religious beliefs. But in this country we (are supposed) to follow the rule of law, not the rule of God. If the citizens of Ohio vote their right to an abortion should be protected by the Ohio Constitution, which they just did, it doesn't matter what some Ohio legislator's God says. He/she took an oath to defend the state constitution. Not to follow the rules of his/her god over the state constitution.

Someone's particular god has no right to tell me or my family what we can/can't read/access in a public library. But this country is full of Bible-thumping Karens doing just that.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep. Project 2025.

If the Dems were smart (yeah, I know) they’d be running “Project 2025” scare ads every single day once the election cycle really kicks in.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

But you are failing to distinguish what makes a religious influenced opinion less valid than any other opinion based on another moral philosophy.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Interspersed with BW Nazi footage from WWII. It's here, they're here.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just great

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I realize the “Journalists” part of the board title is mostly ceremonial these days but you are badly wrong here. Bernie Marcus is the co-founder that is all in on Trump. Blank is a much more low key Democratic donor.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Can he legally run? He needs a pike to the head, and I don’t mean a fish.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

My mistake. Meant Marcus.

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

But I’d bet a number of climate change activists do. In the name of saving the world.

Draft saved Draft deleted