1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Honest question (and also honest enough to say I'm too lazy to look it up), but for recent cycles, have so many primary hopefuls pulled out of the race even before taking their shot at Iowa as this? It just seems to me that more often they at least see how things shake out in Iowa and NH and then make their obvious decisions.

I guess, given Trump's overwhelming popularity and hold on the cash coming in, the writing was always on the wall.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Pence was delusional. Scott, I think, ran to be Trump's VP choice.

Driftwood and dixiehack like this.
  3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

My guess is because fascist, treasonous, felon trump is the goddamned nominee and the rest of the cowardly fucks are falling in line.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’ve never used the “Hitler” label with anyone. Because for fuck’s sake, it’s fucking Hitler. But goddammit, trump is awfully fucking close.

The big problem? His cult is cool with it. Embraces it. And the trumplican party will just go right along with it.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Time for a few states on the coast who provide the federal government the bulk of its tax revenue to secede. This time, legally. The fascists will be happy to see us leave. We’ll be happy to leave them behind.

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, good luck when The Big One hits.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Harris didn't make it to Iowa in 2016 and she had a ton more money and support than Scott did - but her campaign never gained traction. Biden didn't make in 2008. If you are about to get cut from the debate criteria - better to bow out before the cut. Free TV hits only take you so far. At this point you have to be able to buy TV spots and organize a ground campaign and that takes cash and supporters to knock doors - Scott had neither and wasn't making a dent in the polls.

UNCGrad likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Stephen Miller writes it. Trump amplifies it. Sycophants, and CNN and the NYT, adore it.

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

California with a Top 10 global economy plus the likes of Washington and Orgeon? I think we'll be just fine.

OscarMadison and qtlaw like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

My favorite name in politics. So lyrical.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

She's popular and has been a surprisingly effective legislator who is willing to work both sides of the aisle. I'm not sure who the Rs can throw out that have an actual chance of beating her.

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted