1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Someone I work with who used to work at Walmart said they called it the "buy one, get one free" lane.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So, an apparent cost-saving move ends up costing more than hiring actual employees. Brilliant.

Driftwood likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Positively Gannetian

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I accidentally stole an onion the other day when it didn't scan correctly. Once I got home realized it, I certainly wasn't going back.
    If inadvertently pilfering produce tacks an extra 15 seconds onto my time in hell, I'll just have to live with the consequences.

6. BTExpress

Just double scan an onion the next time and God will forgive you.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

WHAT ABOUT THE SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND COSTCO!

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

As often as you take of this $1.50 hot dog and soda, do it in remembrance of me.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Take away my ability to groggily go buy Go Go Squeezes for a cranky four-year old on a Saturday morning without interacting with another human and I riot.

It’s a moot point. Soon you’ll have your credit card automatically billed as the items are scanned as you walk through the exit, like Amazon’s experiments with Wholefoods.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The bigger problem with self-checkout lanes is that the Edgars and Marvins of the world never figured out how to work them. It's not rocket science. The only tricky thing about them is the wonky sensor.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

There are also the I Should Cocos of the world who try to scan paper coupons in self-checkout, and inevitably have to call someone over to get it to work.

No, I don't want to find/use the coupon on my phone that is available through your app (if I actually had the app). Now get off my lawn!

12. BTExpress

I found $100 that someone obviously received for cash back but forgot to take at a Harris-Teeter self-checkout a few years ago.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted