1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Magic Mike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

A few days late on this because I finally had some time to read through it, but Kent Babb's takeout on Miami coach Mike McDaniel is tremendous.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...um=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

Paywalled, but I figure enough people here have a WaPo sub to enjoy it.

Anyway, onto the games.

Thursday night
    Cincinnati at Baltimore (-3.5/46.5), PRIME

Sunday early
    N.Y. Giants at Washington (-9.5/37.5), FOX
    Pittsburgh at Cleveland (-3.5/36.5), CBS
    Chicago at Detroit (-10/46.5), FOX
    L.A. Chargers (-3/44.5) at Green Bay, FOX
    Las Vegas at Miami (-12/47.5), CBS
    Dallas (-10.5/42.5) at Carolina, FOX
    Tennessee at Jacksonville (-6.5/39.5), CBS
    Arizona at Houston (-4/47.5), CBS

Sunday late
    Tampa Bay at San Francisco (-11.5/41.5), FOX
    N.Y. Jets at Buffalo (-7/40.5), CBS
    Seattle (-1/46.5) at L.A. Rams, CBS

Sunday night
    Minnesota at Denver (-2.5/43.5), NBC

Monday night
    Philadelphia at Kansas City (-3/45.5), ABC/ESPN

BYE: Atlanta, Indianapolis, New England, New Orleans

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This is the type of game the Titans of old used to win out of the blue; alas, these are not the Titans of old. They are sneaky terrible.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The AFC North teams knocking the snot out of each other this weekend should be fun. The Ravens and Browns got it started by beating up on one another last week.

Bengals at Ravens should be great. Both teams are on a short week after tough losses. It is the best team in the division vs. the one people keep insisting is better.

The Steelers and Browns have both played quite a few games to the wire, including their victories last week. I expect no different in meeting No. 2 of the season for those teams in Cleveland, but I wouldn't be shocked to see one or both of those teams fall on its collective ass during the second half of the season.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How did we avoid Tennessee-Jacksonville on Thursday?

Hermes, JC and Tighthead like this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Sunday nighter looks a lot better today than it did three weeks ago.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For as much shit as the Broncos have taken this year, and as much ridicule as they rightly endured after the Dolphins debacle, they've quietly moved into the "not so shitty" category. Won three in a row, with two of those against the Chiefs and Bills, and are knocking on the door of the wild card picture. And I know every team says this, but if they could've made a few more plays against the Raiders and Commandskins in the first two games their season looks a lot different right now.
    They don't have an easy schedule the rest of the way, but the AFC is so even right now that they can still salvage a playoff berth out of all of this mess. Every team except the Patriots is still within three games of the No. 1 seed.

playthrough likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

They're done with the Chiefs. Chargers twice. At Raiders. Vikings and Browns at home. Gotta go to Houston and Detroit. Patriots at home on Christmas Eve in a non-flex situation.

8. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Deshaun Watson is out for the year with a broken bone in his throwing shoulder. Nice trade, Haslam.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

IMG_6628.jpeg I guess this goes here.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There are more catastrophic injuries now then before football was made "safer".

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nobody wants to wear pads anymore.

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
  12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Isn't this true in every sport? Guys are bigger and faster. Physics can explain a lot of this.

Draft saved Draft deleted