1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Magic Mike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

IMG_1293.jpeg

[Sees Andrew Berry’s name, Throws phone in the pool]

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Berry and his group are looking pretty bad right now. They decided PJ Walker and DTR were viable options if something happened to Mr. Massage. ... And this entire odyssey cements my feeling that the Browns' best owner since 1964 is still Art Modell. And that explains everything.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They have won games with Walker this season. They certainly have a decent shot to beat the Steelers Sunday with him.

4. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

They beat SF because Moody missed a chippy at the buzzer and they beat the Colts with some enormous assists from the officials down the stretch. I'd say they won in spite of him more than with him. Either way, leaving Walker as your QB1 if your actual QB1 goes down is general manager malpractice. They're capable of beating Pittsburgh because in the NFL the unexpected almost happens often enough to be the expected. But I've seen this story before. And so have you.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Browns starting Dorian Thompson-Robinson Sunday.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I read that they are planning to start Dorian Thompson-Robinson, not Walker. They already tried that earlier in the season against the Ravens and it did not go well. Then again, the Ravens are very good.

I wasn't suggesting that Walker was good in that game. They did get incredibly lucky with Moody's miss and horrid officiating against the Colts, but the defense is outstanding and they will be able to run the ball. Maybe they are thinking of mixing in a heavy dose of designed runs by Thompson-Robinson Sunday.

Edit: TSP beat me to the Browns starting DTR. SMH.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

As a season ticket holder, the Patriots at home on Christmas Eve night is miserable.

MileHigh likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Pats radio color guy Scott Zolak also co-host of a midday talk show. Has been moaning about this game since training camp. Now, his fellow hosts have banned the topic entirely on the grounds it's just too cruel to poor Zo.

Roscablo likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I hate when bad things happen to good people.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, because before they gave you a magic shot and told you to play through it.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

RIP Browns.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I thought Brady smashed his phone with a hammer.

Draft saved Draft deleted