1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Magic Mike

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 14, 2023.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The final score of their game Sunday might be 9-6. Even with Thompson-Robinson at quarterback, I don't think the Steelers can count on scoring two defensive touchdowns this time.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Not Dorian Gray?

3. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Thompson-Robinson is the better option, believe it or not. Which isn't saying much. Against Baltimore he found out an hour before the game that he was starting. Probably got next to no reps in practice and had to run a game plan designed for Watson, which meant throwing on nearly every play. Now he'll have three days of practice and a more sensible game plan -- no passes at all (although knowing Stefanski, who is an egomaniac among egomaniacs, he'll have them come out with five wide and throw 48 times). Browns are down to -1 and the 0/u is 33, which could be 23 by game time. But at least I don't have to watch Watson.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It also was a tough opponent for a rookie in his first start. I've definitely seen Stefanski outsmart himself and cost his team games before. He has cost the Browns a game or two against the Steelers by refusing to run the ball enough.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm trying to picture that.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

They did DTR no favors in his first start, so he’ll look better. But the Steelers are going to figure out after they run the seventh straight tunnel screen that he isn’t going to push the ball downfield.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

It's not a stretch to say the decline in youth football participation has had an effect on the talent pool and quality of play in the NFL.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Brandon Staley: No significant changes to defense

I never quite understood the saying "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results". That always struck me more as stupidity.

Regardless, I present Brandon Staley.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dolphins are going to cover that 12 point spread vs. the Raiders with ease. As bad as the Raiders DBs looked getting picked apart by Wilson, Tua will have a field day. And then, when the Dolphins are up more than two scores in the third quarter (And they WILL be) it will get even uglier when they just start running the ball against that porous Vegas D-line. My guess is something like a 40-10 final.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Charming.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

So she admits that anyone could do her job and that she's extraneous. Must be tough being a pretty face. Fire her ass

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

@PFF_Sam
    I lost where I found this so can't credit, but I can't stop laughing that Daboll's head still works turned upside down

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted